Stoke City are tied 0-0 at half with Arsenal. Here are some quick half-time thoughts before the second half starts.
Stoke have played fairly well so far against Arsenal. Here are some quick thoughts before the second half starts:
1. Jesé and Choupo-Moting look lively
More from All Stoked Up
- Will Stoke City’s Recent Fixture Schedule Hamper Performance?
- Stoke City Key Injuries to Watch Before Millwall
- How Many Points Does Stoke City Need To Avoid Relegation?
- Josh Laurent Helps Steer Stoke City to Victory
- Three Keys for Stoke City Against Swansea
Stokes two new boys look very lively going forward, especially Jesé. Though he hasn’t had much of the ball every time he did have the ball, he looked like the playmaker the Potters have been missing. Choupo-Moting has also looked good going forward and putting pressure on Arsenal’s backline who have, once again, proven to be questionable in possession.
The two will have to be much more creative after Shaqiri had to come out in the 24th minute due to injury. Saido Berahino will be looking to make more of an impact going forward with the help of his two striking partners.
2. Fletcher and Allen are winning the midfield
Though Arsenal arguably have the better midfielders in Xhaka and Ramsey, Fletcher and Allen have looked the better of the two partnerships. These two in transition will probably give the Potters the best to score in the second half and if they end up becoming second best to Xhaka and Ramsey, Arsenal might finally be able to use their incredible possession advantage to score a goal or two.
3. Arsenal dominating out wide
The Gunners have very much dominated out wide, especially with Bellerín up against Diouf. If Arsenal is going to score today, it will most likely come from that side of the pitch.